The EVS methodology has been greatly strengthened for the current wave to bring the data quality to high level. Each national survey conforms to guidelines designed to ensure quality and consistency.
* Respondents are interviewed face-to-face for approximately one hour. However in the 5th wave of EVS there is the possibility to carry out a mixed-mode data collection.
* The questionnaire has been carefully assembled and translated by expert working parties.
* The national effective sample size is 1200 [countries with population over 2 million] and 1000 [countries with population above 2 million]
* Random samples give full coverage of the target population (persons 18 years and older resident in private households, regardless of nationality or language).
* Information is provided for weighting purposes, including the complete hierarchical structure of the sampling design, the size of the stages/clusters at each step, population distributions, and so on.
* Repeated revisits are made to interview the person randomly selected.
* The questionnaire contains pre-classified variables for education, income, political parties, religion, and region, and open questions for occupation, nationality, and language, which are coded according to pre-classified country-comparable classifications.
* Trial interviews are conducted and interviewers are thoroughly trained before going into the field.
* Quality control checks are carried out and documented on a sample of respondents, refusals and non-contacts.
This week's featured article
Visitors' Centre of the Europarliament
The European Values Study is one of the main data sources in the exhibition space on "United in Diversity" of Visitors' Centre of the Europarliament, in Brussels . This area is based on the idea that the European Union, despite the cultural differences and multitudinous interests, works together and…click for more details
Tweet di @evs_values